Sunday, May 6, 2012


Evaluating Web 2.0 Presentation Tools

This week I reviewed two different presentation tools to use for my course project. I picked these two based on what I had heard from a colleague and what caught my attention when researching using the internet. The first presentation tool I went to was PreZentit which can be found at prezentit.com. I watched some example videos and found the final project to be engaging and fun to watch. This tool is free and can be assessed anywhere with Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 1.5+, and Camino 1.5+. It has a storage space of 250MB and no limit to the size or duration of the presentation. Presentations are always available online for viewing or editing so it is easy to collaborate with a colleague from anywhere. When collaborating with a colleague it is possible to edit slides online and with other simultaneously. The downfall to this tool is there is currently no user guide. I tried to create a couple of slides and found it difficult without directions.

The second tool I looked at was Prezi located at prezi.com. This program is supported by Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 3 or higher, and Safari 3 or higher amd is free to public level users. However, if you are an educator with an educator e-mail address can get the next step up for free. This provides core features, larger storage space, prezis can be public or private and there is premium support in less than 24 hours. Collaboration is easy whether it is across the room or across the country. It provides videos for every stage of development and even has a written manual. This tool allows the creator to insert images, videos, YouTube videos, PDFs, and other kinds of media. In order for this program to work properly on your computer you will need Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher installed, minimum 1GB memory, and a scroll mouse or touchpad.

After viewing the final projects completed by both programs I have decided to use Prezi. This tool provides videos and tutorials to help me create an amazing project that I can incorporate videos and other media into. I am excited to see the final project this tool helps me create.

2 comments:

  1. I am also using Prezi. I find this tool to be more user friendly and provides support through tutorials, which I will be utilizing often. I did not view PreZentit. Is this similar to Prezi, or is it like creating a PowerPoint? Is it easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I could not figure out how to use PreZentit without a tutorial. I never got past the first slide. Prezi was much easier to figure out especially with the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete