Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ask A Scientist~


Ask a scientist, http://www.askascientist.org/ is a website that connects someone to some of the top scientists in the country, and each of them is connected to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. They can answer questions about medicine, human biology, animals, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, or evolution. During the second week of my class I posted a question about how the human brain cells regenerate. I have waited for the last five weeks to hear back from a scientist, but still have not got an answer.

The idea behind this website is one I like because it can connect our students to real scientists. It also features other people’s questions and answers, science fair projects, careers in science, and homework help. I would give my students this link at the beginning of the year so they can use it as a resource when needed for homework help or other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment